RBC Capital Markets recently conducted a survey that shows the widespread worry, perhaps despair, that Americans have about our energy situation:
- 53% think energy problems will not be solved in their lifetime
- 80% think high energy costs are not temporary
The good news, if any, from this survey is that maybe the dissatisfaction will – finally, eventually – spur real political action:
- 84% say they will consider a candidate’s positions on energy in the next election
- 91% think steps are necessary to dramatically increase energy conservation and alternative energy sources
- 77% recognize that wind and solar energy require government support
I hope that voters walk the talk this November.